Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Missing: My Ankles. Reward = a back scratch with my amazing nails

I've reached the 25 week mark and am starting to slow down again; and more so than the first trimester. Nate and I discussed just yesterday how to say "no" and I've been practicing... not very well. 
Bump progress - 25 weeks

The not so glamorous portion of pregnancy is in full force and I'm trying to become a little more humble and dependent on Nate - who I am sooooo thankful for. Here's the short list:
  • I started losing my ankles in the afternoon this week. Awesome.
  • I can't really reach things I drop without having to rest from the effort of picking them up. So stuff is either staying on the ground - or Nate's helping me.
  • I can't paint my toe nails without passing out - my mom is better than the Vietnamese... but much slower. She's still working on her English. :)
  • Acid-reflux is becoming more prevalent - especially after eating tomatoes. One TUM seems to handle it though and Nate has decided he likes to eat TUMS like candy.
  • I really don't want to drink any more water but if I drink sugar it's like a dance party in my stomach. 
  • I had to teach Nate how to shave my legs... hasn't happened yet, but I figured he should be prepared. It should be humorous. 
I will say though that I am super thankful that these are only minor things and I am EXTREMELY thankful to only have 13 more weeks to go until we meet Addi and Gavin!

So we're making progress on getting the necessities and researching the necessities x2. A little overwhelming, but it's getting done! My friend Kristen who has twins has been a tremendous help and resource of information and I love my online shopping dates/texts/e-mails with Melissa! :)

On another note the babies are moving like crazy!! It is amazing. Last week at our appointment we were able to take Kate (she was down from India for Nick & Shea's wedding) and she got to meet the babies during the ultra-sound. It was a treat for us too because they switched the machine back and forth between the 3-D!! We were able to see similarities of both Nate and I - check out the photos (sorry they aren't super clear, they were moving around a lot):

PHOTO of Addisyn:



PHOTO of Gavin:



Finally, we enjoyed celebrating another addition to our family in Savannah, GA! Shea and Nick's wedding was beautiful and perfect. It was a great reflection of them both and we all had so much fun. Here's a quick photo:


Officially Mr. and Mrs. Nick Brower

Photo with the newest "Brower"

Well... that's about it. I'll try and post something this weekend about the nursery. I think we'll be painting and doing trim work (or rather Nate will be)!

xoxo

No comments: