Monday, June 6, 2011

Quick update

Sorry I haven't posted lately... I had a few minutes today - so I thought I'd get you caught up.

Nate did an awesome job and finished up the guest room! It looks great. All that is left is ordering in the closet doors and then it will be ready for anyone who wants to come volunteer to help with the babies. Or visit. Either or. I'll take a few photos and post them soon.

This week (Wednesday at 3 p.m.) is our 16 week appointment. We are really hoping to find out gender - so hopefully I'll have an exciting update for Wednesday night or Thursday. Otherwise, I'm feeling great and things are going really well. Nothing too drastic to share.

Apparently from now on I could feel the babies move. I don't think I've felt anything yet, but will let you know when I have.

To date we've done a lot of growing and according to BabyCenter.com we have fingerprints, they are peeing now (which I'm not sure how I feel about that) and they are the sizes of avocados this week. Since there are two they may be a little smaller than that - but that's what the site says about one. They can also sense light this week! Apparently if you hold a flashlight to my stomach they would move away from it. Not sure how I'm supposed to know that since I can't feel them? I told Nate I was going to bring a flashlight to the ultrasound and try it, but he wasn't sure that would be a good idea. I might still sneak it in my bag and see if I can weave it into conversation with the tech! :)

We'll, that's all I've got. I will share my bridesmaid dress saga and other melt-down stories at a later date when they are actually funny to me... and hope to have an exciting update on genders soon!!

Thanks for your continued prayers!

5 comments:

Katy said...

They PEE inside you??!?!

Anonymous said...

YAY! I better get a phone call! But make sure it's not at 3 a.m. in the morning. I mean....I would love to find out the minute you know, but I am in a room with Crista and Liana. We are in Kerala at Mathew's mother's house. So, I wouldn't want to wake them up. The latest you can call is 10 pm, and the earliest would be 7 am. Sorry for the restrictions. This week has been kind of crazy. Love you!!! :)

Lindsey said...

Hey Katy! YES!! This is exactly what the "update" said: "His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth."

Eeewww! I still haven't figured out where it goes after all of that... LOL! Oh well. What can you do??

Lindsey said...

Kate (also listed as Anonymous): I will call as soon as I can. My appt is at 3 p.m. - we tend to get out of there around 5:30 p.m. so I'll call you right away if we find out! :)

Lisa said...

I love your blog! You look fantastic! I'm so happy I found your blog because it's been forever since I've seen you. I can't wait to read more updates! :)