Tuesday, May 3, 2011

11 Weeks

Well, I am eleven weeks this week - so I'm almost through the first trimester! Exciting, I know.

Next week we have another ultra-sound and appointment on Wednesday, so we'll have some new photos. I will also get Nate to take a photo of my belly, because it is starting to show a little this week...

So far things are going really well and I'm actually really enjoying talking to all of the people I've found that have twins! They all say that twins are so much fun and they share all these great stories... not to discredit all of the work that goes in to it, but it definitely seems like all the fun times and cuteness out weighs the rest.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share a few things that I've learned so far in the last few weeks:

1. Orange soda is caffeine free.

2. Strawberry smoothies and pineapple are amazing.

3. Elevators make me dizzy for about 5 minutes afterward.

4. Breaks in the bathroom to unzip your skirt or unbutton your pants are well deserved.

5. I may never sleep through the entire night again with all the potty breaks.

6. I am not "Wonder Woman" and cannot keep up the crazy schedule I was previously keeping.

7. New this week: getting run over by a bus does not begin to describe the actual tiredness you feel.

8. Jeans, especially my skinny ones, are NOT comfortable in any way.

9. Heels are not the best option for an "event" day of work. But still cute.

10. If you want to grow amazing, long nails - get pregnant. :) Nate and the girls are loving the back-scratches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. I love you

You should get some sparkly Toms to replace your high heels. Toms are sooooo comfy. O, and fyi, I am expecting a magnificent back scratch when I come home. KK? k, thanks. :) LOVE YOU! <3

Love,
Auntie Kate

Katy said...

My nails always break before they can grow out, but I think I'm going to wait a bit on the "pregancy solution." :)

I'm enjoying your blog! Can't wait to hear about next week's doctor visit!